Travelport Locomote is looking for an experienced Product Owner.
Do you want to be inspired and supported so you actually enjoy coming into work? A place where each day brings a new adventure? We look after our people by creating an environment that challenges and excites.
Senior Engineers at Locomote are responsible for continuously delivering valuable solutions to Locomote customer problems and needs in a sustainable manner. They are also expected to upskill Engineers through mentoring and pairing, and support the Team Lead as required.
All Engineers work collaboratively in autonomous, cross-functional teams, so a high degree of transparency is required. Underpinning this is a dedication to a culture of problem-solving, simple solutions, clean code, respect for each other, focus, high quality and technical excellence.
- Detailed Design
- Mentor and pair with Engineers and other more junior team members to upskill them
- Contribute to team and company-wide technology decisions
- Work with your team to deliver high value, high quality, bug-free, potentially shippable increments of product (fully tested, deployed and documented features and services) early and often
- Contribute regularly to the continuous improvement of your team’s development process through retrospectives, learning and experimentation
- Help your team quickly remove and prevent blockers/impediments to progress
- Help the Product Owner to understand technical and other team dependencies when ordering the Product Backlog to maximise value
- Help your team make its progress toward customer and business goals visible and transparent to all stakeholders
- Collaborate with your team to understand the what, why and how of the work you are doing
- Solve problems as a team using face-to-face conversation, swarming, pairing, mobbing and workshopping
- Help your team make its agreed process visible for all members, and be understood and followed
- Provide leadership in an engineering “guild” to continuously improve the effectiveness of the engineering function across Locomote
We at Travelport Locomote place a greater importance on your mindset than your skills or experience. However, the following attributes will help you hit the ground running in this role:
- 5+ years as a software engineer or developer in a commercial environment
- Experienced at mentoring and developing less experienced colleagues
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team culture
- Proficient in Agile, XP, Lean, Kanban and Scrum principles
- Proficient in practices such as Automated Testing, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, TDD, BDD
- Active in the technology and/or Agile communities (attending/speaking at meetups and conferences, write blogs, etc.)
If you’re up for a challenge, break the below code and write the answer in the application form to your right.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.